LinkedIn is the ultimate platform for learning, networking, and professional development. The program, founded in 2003, provides broad coverage of topics and areas of interest to its users. Any individual aged 20 years and above with career aspirations can open a LinkedIn account, which is free to open. This platform has many benefits, with the right tools for starter, professional, and aspiring professionals.
LinkedIn is not for online classes only; it has other features too. You can use it for job posting, job seeking, learning new skills, exploring your topics of interest, and connecting with other professionals. The network allows you to keep in touch with colleagues, employers, employees, professional teams, and new opportunities.
Read through this honest Linkedin learning review to learn more.
LinkedIn Learning Review - What You Need to Access It
To access and use LinkedIn, you need to set up an account. The account setup is free, and the process is easy. You'll have to create a Linkedin profile, which in many ways, resembles a resume. After creating the profile, you must upload your email address, password, and profile photo. Some other credentials you need to upload to your profile are your job titles, skills, professional affiliations, and work experiences.
The tool also allows you to incorporate multimedia into your Linkedin profile. This feature enables articles and video showcasing. Note that you should complete the setup process 100 per cent; a complete profile setup allows you to access more features and benefits, ensuring a better user experience.
After you complete the setup process, you are free to link with other professional bodies. By importing their names from email or uploading a .vcf file, you can do so. You can access this profile and the Linkedin learning website in your browser or through the mobile application; there is a Linkedin learning app compatible with iOS and Android Operating systems.
How to Open a LinkedIn Account
As mentioned earlier, you need a Linkedin account to access Linkedin features. The account setup process is simple. The steps below illustrate how you should go about the process.
- Input www.linkedin.com/learning/ to your browser.
- The command will redirect you to sign up by showing a prompt message Join now.
- Follow the on-page instructions to complete the process and remember to fill in all required credentials and upload any document needed.
- After a successful account opening, you can sign in with your email or phone number. Note that you need to provide the password you set up during registration.
- You're good to go.
LinkedIn Learning Platform Applications
LinkedIn has several uses, which include:
Learning Online Courses
The platform has essential course materials for various study subjects. Learners can enroll in these online classes at their convenience. These online courses are ideal for starters, intermediaries, and advanced professional levels.
Finding a Suitable Job/Internship Opportunity
LinkedIn has links to several jobs and internship opportunities you can opt to take advantage of. However, you must have an official LinkedIn account to access these opportunities.
Get More Traffic to Your Website
Approved members with LinkedIn accounts can post their jobs and businesses on the platform. When you post a job on the site, a large audience gets to know your business, increasing traffic to your website. Significant traffic leads to high sale rates and increased productivity as more visitors convert to paying customers.
Connect With Other People, Colleagues, and Professionals
LinkedIn is also a social platform you can use to connect and interact with several other people. You can, therefore, use the platform to learn new ideas and skills from professionals and other players in various industries.
What Are the Courses LinkedIn Offers?
There are more than 17,000 Linkedin learning courses. These courses span from business and technology to creative sectors. Below is a list of the most common online courses you can get on Linkedin though, they are not accredited by third parties.
- Python learning. This course trains its learners on Python 3 essentials. You'll also learn how to use the program in designing scripts and projects. The course has more than 300,000 active learners. Its instructor is Bill Weinman. He has worked with Python for many years, therefore, becoming more experienced in using it.
- Finance and Accounting. Linkedin learning platform offers this course for beginner learners. The course covers specific topics: credits and debit, balance sheets, company operations, and many more. Additionally, the course has more than 120,000 active learners. It has one of the most experienced instructors (Kay Stice and Jim), who has 60 years of experience dealing with finance and accounting. You'll learn from the best if you were to enroll in this course.
- Graphic Design. Linkedin offers a graphic design course, especially for beginners. The main topics covered are design software and the concept behind graphic design. The course has more than 115,000 active learners. You'll get the best out of this course for Tony Harmer, the course instructor with more than 30 years of experience in graphics design.
- Communication Skills. This course has attracted more than 200,000 active users. The primary topic of interest in this course is listening skills. Enrolling in this course lets you understand listening skills, benefits, challenges you might face while listening, and the best way to listen. Its instructors are communication experts with years of experience. Tatiana Kolovou and Branda Bailey are the instructors.
- Time Management. Linkedin understands the importance of time in business and daily operations. It has provided the best resources to help its learners learn about time management. Upon subscribing to this course, you'll learn how to use the shortest time possible to get an operation done and the ways you can implement to boost concentration. The course has more than 300,000 active learners. The Linkedin learning instructor for this course is Dave Crenshaw.
How to Choose a Course
To choose a course, you first need to have a Linkedin learning account (its setup process is the same as when setting up a general Linkedin account. You then proceed to select a list of topics you are interested in. These topics of interest include marketing, writing, Microsoft Office, and so on. After selecting your preferred topics, the platform will generate a list of courses that match your skills.
You can also select courses by browsing through various fields. You can choose from the three basic categories; business, creative, or technology. Another alternative way to access and choose courses is by selecting from trending classes or top liked classes.
If you are more specific and know the course you want to choose, you can use the search tool to search the specific course in the learning paths. This method allows you to search for a course using its specific name, Real Estate.
How Much Does LinkedIn Learning Subscription Cost?
LinkedIn has flexible paying systems with several payment plans. Below are the four plans you can choose from.
- Premium career. This Linkedin learning subscription is for those seeking jobs. It costs $29.99 per month and supports three InMail messages.
- Premium business. This package is for accessing your topics of interest. It costs $59.99 per month and supports 15 InMail messages.
- Premium's Sales Navigator. This package is basically for lead generation. It costs $79.99 per month and supports 20 InMail messages.
- Premium Recruiter Lite. This package supports many features like unlimited search, integrated hiring, candidate tracking, etc. It costs $119.95 per month and supports 30 InMail messages.
You can also enjoy Linkedin learning free trial package. This Linkedin learning free package is available for premium subscribers only.
What Are the LinkedIn Advantages?
Linkedin has several features, lacking in other online platforms than make it a better option. Below is a list of some of the advantages you can get from the platform.
- LinkedIn has more uses and applications on one interface. You can use the platform for learning, find a job, get traffic to your website, or connect and interact with other members.
- The platform has authoritative learning materials for successful training courses. All learning resources are pre-scaled and pre-tested for quality, ensuring you get quality training.
- Linkedin learning instructors are practicing professionals with diverse experience in the subject matter. This feature ensures you learn what direct impacts the industry, allowing you to prepare for the career adequately.
- The platform provides internships and job opportunities to fresh graduates upon course completion. Other online learning platforms can allow you to learn and qualify but, in the end, fail to land a job. However, with Linkedin, things are different. When you complete your course and qualify, you get an internship post, which could land you a job.
- You can add multimedia files to your profile. Adding these files enables you to showcase them to a large audience.
Does LinkedIn Have Downsides?
Yes, LinkedIn does have some downsides.
- Linkedin requires you to upload several personal details and identities to your profile when setting up an account.
- Linkedin lacks privacy protection. Anyone can access your profile and your credentials.
- You will get limited features and benefits when you have an incomplete profile.
- The platform is expensive, especially the premium package.
- With free and uncontrolled communications, there are high chances of spam messages.
Is LinkedIn Learning Any Good?
Yes, Linkedin learning is worth it for both casual and dedicated learners. The platform offers several courses with widespread benefits. With it, you can develop skills, prepare for your career path, find an internship/job opportunity, or connect with other learners and professionals.
Is LinkedIn Learning Certificate Valid?
Yes, Linkedin learning certificates are valid. However, they are neither accredited nor recognized by third parties.
Are LinkedIn Learning Courses Recognized?
While their learning courses are quality and purely educational, they are not accredited or recognized by third parties.
Is Linkedin Learning Free?
LinkedIn Learning is free through its free membership trial, which lasts for one month. After the one-month elapses, you have to pay between $19.99 to $29.99 per month, depending on your package.
LinkedIn Learning Review Verdict
Linkedin learning is a top-choice learning platform. It has a wide selection of courses in its learning path. Besides, there are several benefits learners and young professionals would be happy to benefit from, especially business video streaming. However, the platform should shift from the predominant business content focus. Besides making the monthly charges affordable, they also need to improve their support options.