No matter how reputable they are, any company needs excellent customer service that appeals to the customers. This aspect could directly impact your business regarding the number of customers you retain and the sales volume. Good customer service ensures customers are satisfied and that their concerns are well addressed.
Your customer service team should have quality communication skills. Representatives should listen to customers and relate to them well. Therefore, it would be necessary for them to acquire the skills. Professional customer service representatives should also undertake ongoing training sessions to improve their skills.
A customer service certification assures employers that you possess competent skills and fit the job. You can enroll in an online course for training and acquire the certificate. It might be challenging to find the best one that fits you with several options available. Worry not, for we have reviewed the best customer service training programs. Read through to learn more.
3 Top Customer Service Training Programs
1. Customer Service Mastery: Delight Every Customer
The program has all essential topics and areas of interest to learn about customer service skills. The method of approach and its study resources have been tested over decades and proven effective.
[Best for the Money]
2. Customer Experiences with Contact Center AI - Dialogflow ES Specialization
The course will teach you how to find external data from external systems using functionality. Other aspects the course covers are types of connectivity protocols, testing methods, and APIs. You'll also go through environmental management and measures to put in place to ensure compliance.
[Most Experienced Instructor]
3. How to Deal with MAD Customers
The course content is built around the angry customers' psychology to ensure you acquire the right skills ensuring you communicate with them in the right way. The skills are applied in any business setup.
What Are the Best Customer Service Training Programs
Customer Service Mastery: Delight Every Customer - Udemy
Customer Experiences with Contact Center AI - Dialogflow ES Specialization - Coursera
How to Deal with MAD Customers - Skillshare
Customer Service: Problem Solving and Troubleshooting - Linkedin
Customer Service Training - Go skills
Best Customer Service Training Programs Reviews
Customer Service Mastery: Delight Every Customer is a step-by-step customer service training program meant to enact relevant skills meant to catch the attention and interest of your customers. The course achieves this aspect by employing unique, cost-effective methods to ensure customer satisfaction and prioritization. It is a course that will equip you with sales, marketing, and leadership skills, besides teaching you quality customer service skills.
You might want to satisfy your customers and make them happy but fail because you lack the relevant skills. You, therefore, need to enroll in a customer service training program. One such effective course is Customer Service Mastery: Delight Every Customer.
The program has all essential topics and areas of interest to learn about customer service skills. The method of approach and its study resources have been tested over decades and proven effective.
Several online learning platforms offer this course. However, the best platform to learn the course is Udemy online learning platform. It has crafted a well-structured course syllabus that touches every aspect of customer service. It is among Udemy's bestsellers courses, with a customer rating of 4.7 from 12,017 ratings. Besides, it has more than 26,000 learners already enrolled in the course.
The course is up-to-date as it is being constantly updated. Its creator is Chris Croft, a Management Trainer, Speaker, and Author. Chris happens to be the course instructor, so you'll learn from an expert.
You can access the course from anywhere in the world, for it is a 100% online course. It is available in seven languages, including English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
For a fee of $84.99, you will get access to the following features:
- 2.5 hours of on-demand video
- Four downloadable resources
- Access on mobile and TV
- Full lifetime access
- Certificate of completion
The course content involves four sections with 39 lectures. You'll need at least two and a quarter hours to complete all sections. The topics covered under the sections are listed below.
- Introduction. This section has a one-course video with an overview of what you should expect to learn from the course.
- What is customer service? This section has four lectures that teach how to stand out from competitors and the ten things to never fail.
- Ways to generate ideas. This section has 32 lectures that take approximately one hour and fifty minutes to complete. Some of the key lectures include creating swiping, the worst company ever, being a rule-breaker, staying alert for opportunities, and why to welcome returns/refunds.
- Wrap Up. This section has two lectures, including a congratulation and a guide on how to get your certificate.
Amongst the skills, you'll acquire principles to employ to delight your customers, craft the best customer experience to stand out from competitors, and obtain loyal customers.
Customer Experiences with Contact Center AI: Dialogflow ES Specialization is a program that teaches how to use Contact Center Artificial Intelligence (CCAI) in designing customer conversations. It is an advanced training program that involves virtual agents tested using simulators. To create virtual agents, you'll need Dialogflow ES. That means that you'll learn how Dialogflow ES works and how to use it to create virtual agents.
The course will also teach you how to find external data from external systems using functionality. Other aspects the course covers are types of connectivity protocols, testing methods, and APIs. You'll also go through environmental management and measures to put in place to ensure compliance. In summary, the course teaches how to integrate the human aspect of customer service care with the contact center software to develop long-lasting solutions.
The program has four sections, as shown below.
- Contact Center AI: Conversational Design Fundamentals. This section teaches about Contact Center Artificial Intelligence and its application in creating customer conversational solutions. You'll learn more about Agent, Dialogflow, Insights, and Assist. It is a beginners course ideal for operations specialists, conversational designers, software developers, and citizen developers.
- Virtual Agent Development in Dialogflow ES for Citizen Devs. This section teaches how to use Contact Center Artificial Intelligence to create customer conversational solutions. You'll also learn how to develop virtual agents using Dialogflow ES. Besides, you'll learn about telephony communication channels, a service that adds voice to your virtual agents. This section fits intermediate-level learners and is ideal for citizen developers, conversational designers, and software developers.
- Virtual Agent Development in Dialogflow ES for Software Devs. This section focuses on Dialogflow ES features. You'll learn how to store customer data and use Cloud functions to retrieve the data. Besides, you'll learn how to test your virtual agents to identify the areas you need to advance. The course is an intermediate-level program ideal for software developers.
- Contact Center AI: Operations and Implementation. The last section teaches how to integrate conversational solutions with the contact center software. You'll learn about the human aspect of customer service care. You'll also learn about Agent Assist technology for accurate and efficient service delivery to customers. It is an intermediate-level course ideal for software developers and operations specialists.
The course is available on Coursera online learning platform and takes approximately three months to complete. It features a flexible schedule that allows you to choose when to start the course, pause, or end the training session. At the end of the session, you'll earn a certificate of completion, which you can share with your Linkedin account profile or social handles. The only limiting factor is that the course is only available in English with English subtitles. This aspect limits non-English speakers from accessing the content.
Once in a while, you will receive an angry email, a negative comment, a 1-star review, or even a one-on-one harsh encounter with a customer. Small businesses are prone to this situation. However, large companies experience it too. But, how do you handle such situations? Keep in mind that how you handle the situation determines the aftermath relationship with that customer; you either keep or lose them.
What you need is to enroll in a customer service training program. One such program is How to Deal with MAD Customers. Several online learning platforms offer this course. However, the best platform to enroll in for the training is Skillshare. It has a wide coverage of essential customer service skills you require to handle MAD customers. It is well structured for clear and easy understanding, making it ideal for beginner learners.
The course content is built around the angry customers' psychology to ensure you acquire the right skills ensuring you communicate with them in the right way. The skills are applied in any business setup. After completing the program, you will be able to utilize your interpersonal understanding to deal with customers of all nature.
The course will help you with the following skills:
How to identify the factors arising from frustration and inappropriate comments from customers.
How to react when a customer poses a negative comment or review.
How to pinpoint behaviors leading to bad customer relationships and find ways to mitigate them.
How to effectively communicate with your team members for quality services to your customer.
The course has eleven lessons which take one hour and eleven minutes to complete. The best topics learned in these classes are listed below.
How to deal with MAD customers - Customer service training
Here are the problems
The positives to customer complaints
The steps - Acknowledgement, empathy, affirmation, Validation, steps to resolution, gratitude statement, and Follow-through
Five hundred twenty-three learners have already enrolled in the program. The course suits you, no matter the skill level you are.
The course instructor is Cayci Ellis, a customer engagement expert and a motivational speaker. He has rich experience in customer service, meaning you'll have a chance to learn from top experienced professionals.
The quality of customer service you offer to your customers and clients may determine the success of your business. For instance, bad customer service may cause your business to lose a significant cash flow due to low sales and low recommendations. This crucial aspect may need you to involve your customer service team in a training program to sharpen their skills.
The program should cover topics dealing with problem-solving and troubleshooting. One such course is Customer Service: Problem Solving and Troubleshooting, offered by the Linkedin online learning platform.
It entails problems commonly encountered between the customer service desk and customers, techniques to solve them, and troubleshooting problems.
The program will equip your employees with the relevant skills to maintain professionalism and a good relationship with customers. They will also learn how to identify problems and the best ways to solve them.
The course was released in November 2018 and has enrolled more than 12,000 learners. Its content is simple, making it ideal for beginners and intermediaries.
This course will help you acquire three main skills: customer service, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills. It is structured into four sections, which take half an hour to complete. The sections under the program are listed below.
A two-step approach to common sense customer service for most situations
- Validity of complaints
- How to respond to valid complaints
- How to respond to invalid complaints
Critical customer service problem-solving skills
- Diagnose before you prescribe
- Listen and listen carefully
- Verify, clarify, and follow up
Critical troubleshooting skills
- Disarm an angry customer
- Give the customer options
- How to deliver bad news
- Maintain your sanity
- Looking inward to improve
Besides the four sections, a brief introduction gives a preview of what the course entails. In the end, there is a conclusion that sums up the skills learned throughout the course. When you complete the course, you'll earn a shareable certificate. You can add the certificate to your Linkedin account and help prospective employers get you, download and share it with your colleagues, and share it to the online platforms.
Alongside the customer service training course materials, there are four quizzes and one exercise file. You can access these resources and other features on your tablet or phone using the LinkedIn Learning app, compatible with Android and iOS.
Customer service is among the leading determinant factors of business success. A quality and well-managed customer service can build a large customer base and improve your relationship with your customers. This feature can cause enhanced customer loyalty, leading to increased sales and growth of the company.
You need a customer service and care team that is well trained and skilled. That's why you need a customer service training program. There are several online customer service training programs. One such course you can enroll in is the Customer Service Training. Luckily, several online learning platforms offer this program for free or at affordable prices.
However, Go skills are the best as far as customer service training course is concerned. Other than improving the customer service skills of your customer care team, the course also prepares them for management and supervisory roles in their career paths.
The course incorporates twenty-two lessons which take up to eleven hours to complete. The course materials revolve around the seven essential factors to excellent customer service, ensuring you impress and satisfy your customers besides standing out from competitors.
The Course Syllabus
The course syllabus is categorized into seven sections, as listed below.
- Why is Customer Service Important? This section has three lectures that teach how to distinguish your business, the roles of customers in your business existence, and more on review websites.
- The Psychology of Customer Service. This is the second topic; It has three lessons. Among the skills, you'll learn how to analyze and understand the psychology of your company and customers.
- Understanding of Customer Service. This topic has three lectures that teach about the Intelligent questions that promote your interactions with customers, listening skills, and the verbal and non-verbal cues to apply when interacting with customers.
- Response and Responsibility. This topic has three lessons. Among the skills you'll learn here include reassuring your customers, achieving fast response, and responding positively to your customer's concerns.
- Empathy in Customer Service. The section has three lectures. It teaches skills like how to put yourself in the customers' situation to understand them better, show concern, relate and build a good rapport with your customers.
- Clarify, Clarify, Clarify. This section incorporates three lessons. Among the skills you'll learn to include the procedure for solving your customers' concerns, how to confirm the customers' desired outcome, and how to repeat the solution in addressing the customers' concerns.
- Solutions. This is the last section of this course. It has four lectures that teach you about expert delivery, follow-up procedures, anticipating customer needs, and evaluating the customer experience.
Skills to Anticipate
The course will help you gain the following skills.
- The importance of customer service in business operation
- How to apply psychology in customer service operations
- How to create positive interactions and quality customer experience through customer service
- How to use verbal and non-verbal cues in listening and engaging with your customers
- How to build a strong relationship with your customers
- How to identify the customers' pain points and address them accordingly for their satisfaction
How to Choose the Best Customer Service Training Programs
Customer service courses should take the shortest time possible to allow you to apply the skills you learn sooner. Therefore, choosing the best customer service training programs with the relevant skills you want is crucial. When choosing a training program, consider the factors listed below.
Several courses have different approaches to how they teach customer service. Some will have a shallow and brief content structure, while others will have deep and well-structured content. The best one is the course with well-structured content addressing various customer service topics. It should also feature a simple structure to make it friendly to beginners.
The Time Taken to Complete the Course
The customer service program you consider should take the shortest time possible to complete. However, it shouldn't be too brief such that you miss out on important customer service skills. The course should also have flexible schedules to allow for your convenience.
Finishing the course earlier ensures you apply the skills you've learned to your customer service practices, ensuring you keep as many customers as possible and grow their traffic.
The ideal customer service training program should have flexible schedules to allow convenience. Besides, it should give easy and unlimited access to its learning resources for easy access.
Certificate of Participation
It is crucial to have a certificate of completion upon completing the customer service you enroll in. The compilation certificate will help prospective employers know you possess the skills they need for a particular job. Therefore, your selection should guarantee a certificate when you complete the course.
Several platforms offer customer service training courses. Some offer the course for free while some charge a fee. If the course you select has a fee charged, always go for the one with affordable charges.
What Are Customer Service Training Programs?
Customer service training programs are courses that equip customer service reps with relevant skills to better their services to customers and clients. These programs feature continuous training to ensure the customer service team is up-to-date with the latest trends in service delivery.
How Do You Train Customer Service Employees?
Customer service employees are trained through a series of courses that teach several customer service skills. The crucial aspects to address during the training sessions are listed below.
Understanding what customer service is
Training on listening skills to employ in dealing with customers
Training on the proper phone etiquette when communicating with customers over the phone
How to coordinate with other customer service agents to ensure customer satisfaction
How to create, use, and maintain an internal customer database.
Put the customer service team in common agent-customer scenarios to test their reactions and fitness.
How Effective Is Customer Service Training?
Customer service training is 100% effective. Companies that have trained their customer service team through the various program have reported several benefits. The most likely outcome of these training programs is improved customer loyalty. This aspect means that you'll be able to keep many customers as much as getting new ones.
Another benefit is customer problem-solving; employees acquire the skills they need to handle arising customer service issues more effectively. Finally, you'll save much time due to reduced response time. The training programs will help you customize some of the most common and universal responses to customer queries.
How Long Is Customer Service Training?
The period customer service training takes varies depending on the course content and the platform offering the program. Straightforward short courses can take a few hours to complete. However, excellent customer service training should take four to six weeks.